Santa Monica, California
- Attend class regularly, and be on time!
- Girls should wear their hair in a tidy ballet bun, with hair off the face and neck. If you have long bangs, pin them back. If you have short hair, pin it back away from your face. We want to see faces and necks!
- Boys wear black footless tights, white T-shirt, white socks and white ballet shoes.
- Girls wear solid-color ballet leotards with spaghetti straps, according to class level (see Class Schedule). Pink tights with feet, pink ballet slippers with elastics. Please, no leotards with halters, zips or turtlenecks.
- No jewelry except stud earrings.
- Carry a sewing kit and hair kit (pins, elastics, nets) in your dance bag at all times.
- Concentrate on your dancing in class: no conversations.
- Cell phones off during class time.
Westside School of Ballet observes the tradition of ending each ballet class with a “reverence” to the teacher and to the accompanist. (Most pre-professional classes provide a live accompanist. In a few cases – for instance, variations – recorded music is used.)