- Attend class regularly, and be on time!
- Girls should wear their hair in a tidy ballet bun, with hair off the face and neck. If you have long bangs, pin them back. We want to see faces and necks!
- Boys wear black footless tights, white T-shirt, white socks and white ballet shoes.
- Girls wear solid-color ballet leotards with spaghetti straps, according to class level (see Class Schedule). Pink tights with feet, pink ballet slippers with elastics. Please, no leotards with halters, zips or turtlenecks.
- No jewelry except stud earrings.
- Carry a sewing kit and hair kit (pins, elastics, nets) in your dance bag at all times.
- Concentrate on your dancing in class: no conversations.
- Cell phones off during class time.
Westside School of Ballet observes the tradition of ending each ballet class with a “reverence” to the teacher and to the accompanist. (Most pre-professional classes provide a live accompanist. In a few cases – for instance, variations – recorded music is used.)